Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Bumper edition

So, first up, I owe you guys an apology for my general tardiness in posting over the last couple of weeks. I've been on a bit of a UK tour involving Sheffield, Colchester, Norwich, Bath, Exeter and London - all, catastrophically, without a wi-fi laptop to help me keep up with the ever-changing world of words. Santa, if you're listening...

But to make up for it, here's a bumper edition of very interesting things just a single click away. Forbes.com "home page for the world's business leaders" is running a special on communication, with cool language stuff about chimps and aliens, lying and extracting confessions. It's got Arthur C. Clarke, Stephen Pinker and Noam Chomsky. Now if you can't find something interesting to read in all that lot, well, you're on the wrong course!

And you wanna know something freaky about language and technology? Well, I guess at some point in the Language Legend archive, I did some linky-flirting with Forbes.com. Today I get an email from a bloke called Dave alerting me to their communication special because he likes my site. Yikes! There are, like, people out there?!!
(Hi Dave...)
(Though he could, of course, be a fictional cyber-person. I know that. Right?...)

Check it out.

Communicating

3 Comments:

At 12:02 pm, Blogger Mai said...

So it seems that the Forbes report has united all language lovers out there. Cool :) Nice blog Julie.

 
At 1:20 pm, Blogger JVB said...

Hi Mai
Glad you like it. Where are you doing your PhD and in what?...

 
At 12:00 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

An excellent Beryl's work, with short outlines of the inspiration in it.

Regards: UK Law Assignment Help

 

Post a Comment

<< Home